Deaf Wireless Communications
TTY to a Cellular Phone or Pager using SMS or Email
This system will allow any person using a TTY to place a live call to anyone who can receive email and has access to an Internet browser. This system will also allow TTY callers to leave email messages.
- Using a TTY, call Lormar's server at (865) 673-0009.
- The server will answer the call using Baudot (TTY tones).
- The server will tell the caller that they must type the number "3" to reach someone using any connection other than AIM™ (this includes email and SMS).
- The caller types "3 GA."
- The server will then ask the caller for the email address of the person they are trying to reach. Since Baudot does not include the "@" character, the caller must use (AT) instead. For example, if the email address is email@example.com, then the caller must type "MYNAME(AT)MYISP.COM.
- The server will then ask the caller for their name, number, and a message in case the call recipient is out of the service area or too busy to answer. The message will be sent to the call recipient regardless of whether or not they answer the live call.
- If the call recipient gets the email or SMS while the caller is still on the phone, the call recipient may click an Internet link in the message, which will open the browser to establish a live connection.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department if you have any questions.
Lormar Logic Company
P.O. Box 12823
Knoxville, Tennessee 37912-0823