Deaf Wireless Communications
TTY to AIM™ Calling
This system will allow any person using a TTY to place a live call to anyone who is logged onto AIM™, America Online, Inc.'s instant messenger system.
- Using a TTY, call Lormar's server at (865) 673-0009.
- The server will answer the call using Baudot (TTY tones).
- The server will tell the caller that they must type the number "2" to reach someone using AIM™.
- The caller types "2 GA."
- The server will then ask the caller for the AIM™ screen name for the person they are trying to reach.
- The server will then begin sending instant messages to the call recipient. If the call recipient is logged off or does not respond after a minute and a half, the server will hang-up. It is important that the call recipinet not be logged on to AIM™ in invisible mode, because they will not get the messages being sent. This system works best when the call recipient has added the screen name "LormarTTYCall" to their AIM™ buddy list.
- When the call recipient responds to the AIM™ messages, the call will proceed like any other TTY call.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department if you have any questions.
Lormar Logic Company
P.O. Box 12823
Knoxville, Tennessee 37912-0823